Nicholas Lawson, fellow physician and incoming Georgetown Law student, and I penned this letter in General Hospital Psychiatry Lawson Boyd Letter Gen Hosp Psych on PHPs which makes clear the myriad reasons why the success and satisfaction rates that Physician Health Programs tout ought to be viewed with skepticism. Total kudos to Nick for doing the heavy lifting on this piece!
- SAMHSA nationwide database of buprenorphine providers is rife with wrong numbers and practices that don’t prescribe the medication
- Response in the Globe to my letter about difficulties in accessing mental health care
- Insurers’ profit motive makes it hard for his patients to get care they need
- Hasan Minhaj on Accessing Mental Health Care
- Doctors Pay up or Else Can’t Work