Awesome piece at Vice news by Ankita Rao here. It is appalling that any entity would refer a physician to a state physician health program for an evaluation–that can cost $6000, and that’s before physicians are told to stay for 30 or 90 days of treatment–SOLELY on the basis of a positive test of marijuana, especially when there are no allegations of dangerous or concerning medical practice.
- SAMHSA nationwide database of buprenorphine providers is rife with wrong numbers and practices that don’t prescribe the medication
- Response in the Globe to my letter about difficulties in accessing mental health care
- Insurers’ profit motive makes it hard for his patients to get care they need
- Hasan Minhaj on Accessing Mental Health Care
- Doctors Pay up or Else Can’t Work