Awesome piece at Vice news by Ankita Rao here. It is appalling that any entity would refer a physician to a state physician health program for an evaluation–that can cost $6000, and that’s before physicians are told to stay for 30 or 90 days of treatment–SOLELY on the basis of a positive test of marijuana, especially when there are no allegations of dangerous or concerning medical practice.
- Why MDs Who Need Psychiatric Care Often are Told to Go to Kansas (Spoiler Alert: It’s About Money!)
- Investigative Journalism Story about Physician Health Programs (PHPs)
- We Ought to Legalize ALL Drugs and Authorize/Mandate Treatment for Abusers
- Blaming Others: What’s Really Behind the Talk about the Wall
- Letter in the Globe about Drug Testing for Marijuana in the Workplace Entitled “No place for overreach in marijuana crackdowns in the workplace”