This PBS story is based on a paper just published that documents the geographical distribution of child psychiatrists in the US. Not surprisingly, they are located in urban areas with high levels of education and income. Colleagues and I had previously documented how difficult it is to obtain appointments with child psychiatrists around the country and this new story adds depth to the total picture about the lack of availability of these services. You can find the PBS story here.
- Trump Endorsed a Risky Antidepressant for Veterans. Lawmakers Want to Know if His Mar-a-Lago Pals Had a Stake in the Drugmaker
- SAMHSA nationwide database of buprenorphine providers is rife with wrong numbers and practices that don’t prescribe the medication
- Response in the Globe to my letter about difficulties in accessing mental health care
- Insurers’ profit motive makes it hard for his patients to get care they need
- Hasan Minhaj on Accessing Mental Health Care