Blew me away when Minhaj highlighted Monica Malowney’s and my study findings from 2015 (12 minutes into his show and then again in the middle of the 18th minute) in which we called 360 psychiatrists in 3 US cities, about how hard it is to access mental health care, even when people have supposedly “good” insurance. I’ve been making jokes myself about jewelry stores and McDonald’s ever since we published our study. PS If you haven’t seen Minhaj’s Homecoming King it is brilliant.
- Trump Endorsed a Risky Antidepressant for Veterans. Lawmakers Want to Know if His Mar-a-Lago Pals Had a Stake in the Drugmaker
- SAMHSA nationwide database of buprenorphine providers is rife with wrong numbers and practices that don’t prescribe the medication
- Response in the Globe to my letter about difficulties in accessing mental health care
- Insurers’ profit motive makes it hard for his patients to get care they need
- Hasan Minhaj on Accessing Mental Health Care