Wes currently resides in Houston and is a professor of psychiatry and medical ethics at Baylor College of Medicine (BCM). In his hospital work at BCM, he chairs the ethics committee and also directs the substance disorders treatment program. Prior to moving to Houston in 2020, for many years Wes was at Cambridge Health Alliance, and served as the psychiatrist for one of the principle training and teaching teams there, working closely with psychiatry residents and medical students, along with trainees in various other mental health disciplines.
- KCRW: Life Examined: In search of a (good) therapist: Insurance, fit, and stigma
- John Oliver on Mental Health Care
- Podcast on KevinMD: What doctors need to know about state Physician Health Programs given their power and potential dangers, along with an inability to appeal their demands and recommendations
- Letter in Boston Globe on why Accessing Mental Health treatment is so Difficult
- Extorting physicians: If doctors don’t pay up they don’t work