Wes currently resides in Houston and is a professor of psychiatry and medical ethics at Baylor College of Medicine (BCM). In his hospital work at BCM, he chairs the ethics committee and also directs the substance disorders treatment program. Prior to moving to Houston in 2020, for many years Wes was at Cambridge Health Alliance, and served as the psychiatrist for one of the principle training and teaching teams there, working closely with psychiatry residents and medical students, along with trainees in various other mental health disciplines.
- ICE Detention Facilities are Routinely Utilizing Solitary Confinement: Today is a Major Day for Human Rights
- The Mirror article: Mystery over nitrogen execution death with fears it’ll be ‘incredibly painful’
- Baylor College of Medicine student Amelia Mercado and I appeared on this STAT First Opinion podcast with Torie Bosch
- Giving Immigrants and Asylum Seekers a Voice for Human Rights
- Lecture on Medical Ethics for Forethought India