Blew me away when Minhaj highlighted Monica Malowney’s and my study findings from 2015 (12 minutes into his show and then again in the middle of the 18th minute) in which we called 360 psychiatrists in 3 US cities, about how hard it is to access mental health care, even when people have supposedly “good” insurance. I’ve been making jokes myself about jewelry stores and McDonald’s ever since we published our study. PS If you haven’t seen Minhaj’s Homecoming King it is brilliant.
- Baylor College of Medicine student Amelia Mercado and I appeared on this STAT First Opinion podcast with Torie Bosch
- Giving Immigrants and Asylum Seekers a Voice for Human Rights
- Lecture on Medical Ethics for Forethought India
- Sayonara Facebook and Twitter
- KCRW: Life Examined: In search of a (good) therapist: Insurance, fit, and stigma